Join Our Beautiful Community!
Even though each practice is individual, we also acknowledge that the studio is a shared space. To guarantee each student the best experience possible, aUM Yoga requests all students follow the guidelines and policies provided below.
- Wear comfortable clothes. Please practice in bare feet. No socks.
- Refrain from wearing perfumes or other strongly scented fragrances.
- Practice on an empty stomach. It is best not to eat two hours prior to practice.
- Please bring your own mat, as it personalizes your practice and is much more hygienic. Loaners are always available (and free if you bring a towel) if you forgot your mat. Bring a hand towel if needed, as sweaty yoga can make for slippery down dogs. You may also rent a towel at the reception desk for $3.00. Please return all towels to reception after use.
- Plan to arrive at least five to ten minutes before the scheduled class time to check in, store your belongings, and settle in on your mat. Class begins at the scheduled time. If class has already started when you arrive, you will not be permitted to join the practice.
- Remove your shoes and jackets upon entering aUM Yoga as a form of respect for our space and to support the clean environment we maintain. You may store your shoes and jackets outside of the space on provided shoe racks and hooks. Additional personal belongings can be stowed away in cubbies (interior to the studio space), which are monitored by staff and cameras.
- Check in with the receptionist at the welcome desk upon arrival, even if you are a regular client. We want to say hi and hear about your day!
- A signed release form is required of all students who practice in the studio. If you have not signed a release form, please fill out our digital liability form at the welcome desk.
- If you are pregnant, have serious health conditions or injuries, or have had any health changes, please alert the instructor before class.
- Turn off all mobile phones, pagers, and PDAs before stowing them away - none of these are allowed inside of the yoga room.
- No food or beverage is permitted in the studio space, except for sealed bottled water.
- Please honor noble silence when entering the yoga room.
- Do not step on other students’ yoga mats.
- Listen to your body; pushing yourself into pain is not part of any yoga practice.
- Plan to stay the entire length of the class, including the final pose, Savasana. If you must leave please do so before Savasana, not during Savasana. Please alert the instructor that you need to leave at the beginning of class. Do not make this a regular habit!
- If you use one of the studio’s loaner mats, please roll the mat at the end of practice and return it to the front desk for cleaning.
- After class, fold blankets back to the form in which you received them. Return all props in a neat and orderly manner.
- Our schedule is subject to change at our discretion. We reserve the right to cancel any class, workshop, or event for reasons including, but not limited to: inclement weather, instructor illness, or low registration. We reserve the right to substitute or change instructors assigned to classes. If class is cancelled due to inclement weather or other extenuating circumstances, class cancellations will be posted on our website, Facebook, and Instagram.