Join Our Beautiful Community!
Even though each practice is individual, we also acknowledge that the studio is a shared space. To guarantee each student the best experience possible, aUM Yoga requests all students follow the guidelines and policies provided below.
Registering For a Class
- Pre-registration is required using our online scheduling software. Our in studio class sizes have been significantly reduced to allow for distancing between practitioners.
- Clients must be 18 years of age to participate in classes at aUM Yoga & Pole or receive parental consent.
- Drop-in/Stand-by clients will be dealt with on a first-come, first-served basis (as capacity allows). Please do not make dropping in for class a habit. Our online scheduler is there to make your life easy!
- If the class that you would like to attend is full, you are able to join the waitlist using our online scheduling software. When a spot becomes available, you will receive an email and will be automatically added to the class. You will need to confirm your reservation using our online scheduler. If you are on the waitlist and are no longer able to attend class, please cancel the reservation to allow another client to move up on the waitlist and/or register for the class.
- Early cancellations must be made twelve (12) hours prior to the start of class. Expiration Dates and Late Cancellation Policies are strictly enforced. All absences/no-shows will be considered a Late Cancel. Late Cancellations will forfeit their class. There are no refunds on purchased classes, packages, or membership contracts. Classes are non-transferrable. Contracts are non-cancellable within their outlined duration/terms. Classes and packages may not be shared or gifted. All clients must keep a credit card on file.
- Please log into your account to see your membership agreement and/or additional package terms. All contract members should ensure to read their contract carefully as the terms are non-cancellable and non-negotiable.
- A signed waiver of liability and release is required of all students who practice at the studio. If you have not signed a release form, please fill out our digital liability form at the welcome desk. A signed waiver of liability is also required each time that you practice. A printed waiver of liability is available for your convenience at the reception desk.
Attire + Etiquette
- Wear comfortable and binding yoga clothes. For pole classes, please practice in bare feet, socks, ballet, or jazz shoes. Heels or alternate pole dance shoes are not allowed. Pole classes require the back of the knee to be exposed. The friction of skin to pole contact will enhance your class experience. Knee pads are recommended for clients with sensitive knees or previous knee injuries. Please see the class descriptions page for specific guidelines regarding attire.
- Refrain from wearing strong perfumes or other strongly scented fragrances.
- Practice on an empty stomach. It is best not to eat two hours prior to practice.
- Please bring your own mat, as it personalizes your practice and is much more hygienic.
- Bring a hand towel if needed, as sweaty yoga can make for slippery down dogs.
- Bring or purchase your own pole grip if you have slippery or clamy hands.
- Microfiber towels and alcohol spray are provided to clean the pole during class. Please ensure that you clean your pole at the end of class, prior to vacating the studio space.
- Plan to arrive five to ten minutes before the scheduled class time to check in, store your belongings, choose your pole and/or set up your yoga mat. The door will be locked at the start of class to minimize disruptions. If you arrive late for a class and the door is locked, please do not interrupt the session. This will be considered a Late Cancel. Kindly arrive early as a form of respect for the teachers and other clients.
- Please remove your shoes and jacket upon entering as a form of respect for our space and to support the clean environment we maintain. You may store your shoes and jackets outside of the studio space on provided shoe racks and hooks. Additional personal belongings can be stowed away in cubbies, which can be viewed and accessed by practitioners throughout the practice.
- Check in with the instructor/receptionist at the welcome desk upon arrival, even if you are a regular client.
- If you are pregnant, have serious health conditions or injuries, or have had any health changes, please consult a doctor before taking a class. With your doctor's approval, please alert the instructor of any changes and/or concerns.
- Turn off all mobile phones, pagers, PDAs and stow them away before the start of class. Photography and videography are not allowed while class is being instructed.
- No food or beverage is permitted in the studio space, except for sealed bottle water.
- Upon entering the space, we ask that you please wait for instruction before touching equipment. Clients are strictly prohibited from touching poles without guided instruction from an aUM or Polarity staff member.
- Listen to your body; pushing yourself into pain is not a part of any movement practice. Our practice and studio is centered around mindfulness, connectivity, and increased body awareness.
- Plan to stay the entire length of class, including the final cool down and stretch. If you must leave, please alert the instructor that you need to leave early at the beginning of class.
- Only New Clients are eligible to purchase the Groupon.
- Registration is required in advance to schedule your first class. Please call the studio to register and reserve.
- Limit one per person, may buy one additional as gift.
- All classes must be used within 30 days of first redemption.
- Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed Groupon price).
Additional Information + Policies
aUM Yoga + Polarity classes, instruction and other activities are available to individuals in different forms, including at aUM Yoga + Polarity studios, through aUM Yoga Yoga online programs and channels (such as aUM Yoga Live, YouTube, and Yoga on Demand), and at in-person and virtual events and activities organized by aUM Yoga. Not all participants in aUM Yoga or Polarity activities need to be members of aUM Yoga; however, participants in specific aUM Yoga programs and activities agree to the additional terms and conditions of those programs and activities, certain of which are set forth below in these Student Terms and Conditions, and others are described in the class description and/or at the location of those specific programs and activities.